Recently bought an Fitbit ionic, reason being
- I don’t need to carry a phone or another device for music and GPS.
the initial setup was a bummer thought of returning it back, the only way I could update the firmware was doing the following
- Have 3g on the phone.
- Make the phone a hotspot
- Install the Fitbit app on Mac or windows(blue tooth).
- Add a new device and run the setup through the computer.
- Configure Fitbit WiFi to use to the Mobile Hotspot from step 2.
- And on the update configuration screen just select activity tracking, leave the others they will get automatically installed.
That’s it.. well then what combination did not work.
- With the app on windows configuring the Fitbit WiFi to use Hotel/Home/Office WiFi did not work all were 2.4 GHz.
- Tried the same setup above with a phone instead of an windows box did not work.
- Tried both the above steps with Bluetooth instead of WiFi did not work.
Alll the best and post comments for any other information or questions.